The Foundation maintains several types of mail and email databases, including Foundation members, affiliated technical society contacts, our general distribution lists, and persons who have registered for an event. The privacy of these contacts is important to the Foundation. Therefore:
- Mail, phone, and email addresses are used only by Foundation staff and volunteers to distribute information related to the Foundation. Mail, phone, and email lists are not sold or distributed to any entity.
- If at any time a contact wants any personal information to be removed from the Foundation’s web site, the contact should send a written request (email is acceptable) to the Foundation office and the information will be removed.
- Information provided to the Foundation regarding personal information is true and correct to the best of the Foundation’s knowledge and belief and is updated on a periodic basis.
- While the Foundation will do its best to include links on the Foundation’s website that are in keeping with professional standards, the Foundation cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or content of websites reached by links contained on the Foundation’s web site.
- The Foundation retains the right to review all content prior to publication on the Foundation’s web sites.
- It is the Foundation’s general policy to only release a contact’s information to a private individual or public or private entity following the receipt of written consent from the individual contact authorizing the Foundation to disclose such information. However, the Foundation may be required to release such information as required by law. In lieu of providing contact information, we may email the individual contact with the information of the person requesting the contact.
Please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this policy.